Alexey V. Tkachev
Professor, Ph.D., Head of Terpenoids Laboratory
Novosibirsk Institute of Organic Chemistry,
9 Acad. Lavrentjev Ave., Novosibirsk 630090, RUSSIA
tel: +7(383)3309855, 3308852 (8:00-19:00, Time Zone - GMT +06:00)
fax: +7(383)3309752 (twenty-four-hour)
BORN: October 09, 1958
AND RESEARCH EXPERIENCE:
- Higher Education Diploma in Chemistry, Department of Natural Sciences, Novosibirsk State University, Novosibirsk,
RUSSIA, 1981 (Graduation Thesis: "Cyclization of caryophyllene and isocaryophyllene
with mercury (II) acetate", Supervisor: Prof., Dr. George V. Dubovenko).
- Post-graduate Study, Laboratory of Forest Chemistry, Novosibirsk
Institute of Organic Chemistry, 1981-1991.
- Degree of Candidate of Science (analogue of Ph.D.) in Organic Chemistry, Novosibirsk
Institute of Organic Chemistry, 1985 (Dissertation Thesis: "Reactions of
caryophyllene and its derivatives with electrophilic agents", Supervisor: Prof.
George V. Dubovenko).
- Postdoctoral research at the Novosibirsk Institute of Organic Chemistry, 1986-1990
(Structure elucidation of natural isoprenoids, syntheses of nitrogen containing
derivatives of natural terpenoids).
- Head of Terpenoids Laboratory at the
Novosibirsk Institute of Organic Chemistry since 1990.
- Degree of Doctor of Sciences in Organic Chemistry, 1996 (Dissertation Thesis:
"Chemistry of renewable plant raw materials: study of natural terpenoids from
Siberian and Far East plants").
- Dozent (1986-1996) and then Professor (since 1997) of the Novosibirsk State University,
lecturer of the special courses "Organic Stereochemistry" and
"Computational Methods in Organic Chemistry" for graduate students of the
- Professor of the Novosibirsk State Pedagogical University (since 2004),
lecturer of the special courses "Organic Stereochemistry",
"Computational Methods in Organic Chemistry", and "Study of
Organic Molecules and Materials by Physical Methods" for graduate students of the
Chairman of the All-Union School for Young Scientist
"Actual Problems of Organic Chemistry" (Novosibirsk, 1988)
Founder and Leader (1990) of the Research Group on Chemistry
of Terpenoids at the Novosibisrk Institute of Organic Chemistry (since 1996
- Terpenoids Laboratory)
Chairman of the commission of experts in CHEMISTRY of the "Soros
Scientific Center" Foundation (1992-1993)
Member of the Editorial Board of the electronic journal "Chemistry
of Plant Raw Materials" (since 1997)
Co-Chairman of the International
Conference on Natural Products and Physiologically Active Substances,
ICNPAS-98, Novosibirsk, 1998)
Member of the Scientific Board of the First Eurasian Meeting on Heterocyclic Chemistry "Heterocycles
in Organic and Combinatorial Chemistry" (Suzdal, Russia, September
Member of the Scientific Board of the First All-Russia
Conference on Heterocyclic Chemistry (Suzdal, Russia, September 19-23, 2000)
Member of the Organizing Committee of the Electronic
Conference "Russian Internet Resources on Chemistry and Medicinal
Chemistry, their Evolution and Use"
Chairman of the All-Russia School for Young Scientist
"Actual Problems of Organic Chemistry" (Novosibirsk, 2001)
Member of the Organizing Committee of the 5th
All-Russia School for Young Scientist in Organic Chemistry (Yekaterinburg,
May 2-6, 2002).
Chairman of the All-Russia School for Young Scientist
"Actual Problems of Organic Chemistry" (Novosibirsk,
Chairman of the 2nd
International Conference on Natural Products and Physiologically Active Substances' (ICNPAS-2004) and
3rd EuroAsian Heterocyclic Meeting 'Heterocycles in Organic and Combinatorial Chemistry' (EAMH-2004),
September 12-17, 2004, Novosibirsk, Russia
SCIENTIFIC INTERESTS AND RECENT
- Study of essential oils of the Siberian and Far-East plants
- Chemistry of nitrogen-containing terpenoids, development of new methods of utilization of the terpenoids-containing
plant raw materials, syntheses based on available natural terpenoids
- Design of chiral terpenoids-based ligands for coordination chemistry
- Molecular spectroscopy of natural products
- Computational methods in organic chemistry and education
RESEARCH GRANTS from:
- International Science Foundation (ISF)
Civilian Research and Development Foundation (CRDF)
- Soros Foundation
Foundation for Basic Research (RFBR)
- Integration Program of the Siberian
Division of the Russian Academy of Sciences
- The International Association
for the Promotion of Cooperation with Scientists from the New Independent States of the Former Soviet
- International Soros Science Educational Program (ISSEP)
- Ministry of Higher Education of the Russian Federation
- Department of Chemistry and Material Sciences of the Russian Academy of
- The first prize on the All-Union Students Conference, Novosibirsk State University
- The first prize in the Competition of Young Researches of the Novosibirsk Institute of
Organic Chemistry (1985).
- The Gold Medal of the 44th World Exhibition of Invention, Research and Industrial
Innovation BRUSSELS EURECA95 (1995).
- The State Prize for the Young Scientists for the work "Nitrogen-containing
Derivatives" (The work of a group of researches under leadership of A.Tkachev, 1995).
- The State Prize for the Young Scientists for the work "New Pesticides from Natural
Raw Materials" (The work of a group of researches under leadership of A.Tkachev,
- "The Soros Docent" (1998)
- "The Soros Professor" (2000)
- Award from Mendeleev Communications for the most important contribution to publications in the journal in the year 2000
- "The Soros Professor" (2001)
- The Gold Medal of the Siberian Fair for the best educational Web-page (2004).
PUBLICATIONS and PRESENATIONS:
List of publications in national and international scientific journals
(research papers and reviews) contains over 250 items. Here are the list of selected publications in
lectures given in English
APPLICATIONS: see the List of Patents
(in Russian only).